The Mass is the highest form of Christian charity. It re-presents the perfect sacrifice of Calvary, and so it is the priest's essential duty and his greatest honor to offer Holy Mass. In all ages, the Christian faithful have traditionally offered alms for the celebration of the Mass, for the support of the priest and the maintenance of the church where the sacred rites are celebrated.
The faithful may request that Mass be offered for a special intention, often for another individual, living or deceased.
- A Single Mass. The suggested offering is $10.
- A Specific Date, nameday, birthday, or anniversary. The suggested offering is $20.
- Perpetual Mass Association. One Mass is offered monthly for all those who are enrolled, living and deceased. The suggested offering is $300.
- A Novena of nine consecutive Masses for a special intention. The suggested offering is $180.
- A Gregorian Series of thirty consecutive Masses for someone who has died. The suggested offering is $600.
"By giving donations for the celebration of the Mass, the faithful associate themselves more closely with Christ's act of offering Himself as a victim and in so doing experience the effects of the Mass more fully."
~ Pope Paul VI
Request a Mass by Mail:
Download this form, and mail it to:
St. Michael’s Abbey
Attn: Mass Request
19292 El Toro Road
Silverado, CA 92676